Monday, January 30, 2017

THE CEREMONY


By now, the effects of AJ were in full swing, taking over our lives. My elation was the dizzying evidence Porscha had been right about her favorite drink; our good time wasn't hard to miss. We weren't exactly 'messed up' in an unconscious kind of way; we were simply more sensitive to everything around us. Our senses were broader and heightened to the tenth degree. With the window rolled down, I drenched my nose with fresh air, helping to narrow my focus. Something was definitely going on with the apple juice which caused us to giggle exceedingly. No matter what we did, the more we tried to stop, the more we gave in. I'd never laughed so hard in my life about nothing at all. There were times we even hurled ourselves into a laughing frenzy, and crunched our stomachs at the end of every sentence, as though no one was watching. Our jokes became the life of the party. Now our faces were completely flushed from all the dancing. Our bodies sat exhausted. The music itself had been meritorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment